As of May 26, 2020 Cottages of Lake St Louis is not aware of any active cases of COVID-19 among the Elders who live in our community. We continue following all CDC guidelines and industry best practices as they evolve to keep COVID-19 from each of our Cottages. Some of the things that we are doing include:
- Elders are assessed every shift to identify infections early
- Visitors are not allowed in the community
- Staff and outside healthcare providers are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entering a cottage
- Staff are wearing masks at all times in the community
- We have a sufficient supply of PPE items (masks, gloves, gowns, etc.) to keep our staff and elders safe
- We are cleaning and disinfecting rooms frequently
- Hand washing, social distancing, and respiratory hygiene continue to be reinforced as a positive habit for staff and elders alike
In addition to these actions we also benefit in this battle from the physical design of our community. Each building at Cottages of Lake St Louis houses a maximum of 10 elders and everyone has their own private room with an en suite, private full bathroom. This limits the vectors by which infections can spread.
If COVID-19 testing is necessary, and elders are determined to be responsible for paying for testing privately, the charge will be $100.00 per test. In most cases we do not believe that an elder would be responsible for paying for such testing, however we are required to disclose this amount.