We continue following all CDC guidelines and industry best practices as they evolve to keep COVID-19 from each of our Cottages. Some of the things that we are doing include:
- Vaccinations are available on a regular basis for anyone associated with the community to receive onsite
- Elders are assessed every shift to identify infections early
- Visitors are allowed. If both the elder and visitor have been vaccinated they may remove their masks when in the private room of the elder.
- Staff and outside healthcare providers are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entering a cottage
- Staff are wearing masks at all times when in a Cottage
- We have a sufficient supply of PPE items (masks, gloves, gowns, etc.) to keep our staff and elders safe
- We are cleaning and disinfecting rooms frequently
- Each Elder bedroom has its own HEPA air filtration system
In addition to these actions we also benefit in this battle from the physical design of our community. Each building at Cottages of Lake St Louis houses a maximum of 10 elders and everyone has their own private room with an en suite, private full bathroom. This limits the vectors by which infections can spread.